Abstract Capital
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tomorrow Work Starts ... Again
Tomorrow I start my new job! It's very likely the last time I will ever have to "pay my dues" for a sweet future job by resume building using no-pay internship and externship positions for the rest of my life, thankfully. It's nice to do things pro bono pro humanitate but it's far nicer to do them and be rewarded with more than just experience. When I was in college, I might have been very nervous about my first day, but at this stage I feel a lot more confident, even if I might be unprepared for what I'm doing in the beginning.

I'm excited for my sister, who's had a wonderful time at the Kripalu Yoga Institute in Stockbridge, MA, and is now about to move on to her next job - as of late, possibly New York! I am a warm-weather person, but I love NYC. While I wouldn't think of attempting to raise a family there, I wouldn't be averse to living there at some point for a little while before kids come along - I think "the City" is probably my fourth-favorite city in the U.S., after Seattle, the South Florida/Florida Keys area, and New Orleans - so it would be a really sweet trip if she did end up there, but wherever she ends up, I just hope it's a good job and something she likes, it'll be pretty cool to see what part of the country she moves to.
posted by Flaco @ 5:09 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Flaco
About Me: Just another thinker.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Quote of the Month

Friedrich Nietzsche - "All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth."

Links
Powered by

Blogger Templates

BLOGGER